Some of the resources included on CRCOnline are subject to copyright restrictions and have been reproduced here with permission. Please observe copyright obligations and obtain permission from the author/originator/publisher as appropriate if you want to make use of any of these materials outside your own reading and reflection. Where resources are not subject to copyright, nevertheless please credit the author/originator in all cases.
We have made every effort to obtain copyright permissions where necessary. If you think correct copyright permissions have not been given for a resource, please contact the Curator at [email protected]. Thank you.
CRCOnline Data Protection Policy
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
2. Who are we?
The CRCOnline Project Management Group is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The CRCOnline Project Management Group complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer a list of those who have expressed a wish to know about the work and activities of CRCOnline;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications if applicable);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services associated with CRCOnline and affiliated organisations;
- To operate the CRCOnline website;
- To contact individuals about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject has been given so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid (if applicable) or under employment or social protection law
- GDPR covers not-for-profit bodies with a religious aim provided that the processing relates only to persons who have regular contact with the body in connection with its aims and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- the processing relates only to interested parties or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Processing relates to personal data manifestly made public by the data subject
- Processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the CRCOnline Project Management Group in order to carry out a service to other members of the organisation or for purposes connected with CRCOnline and its associated events. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
6. Keeping your personal data
- Where explicit consent is given we will keep the information for 5 years unless requested to remove it.
- Records of a request to be removed from our database will be held permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which CRCOnline holds about you;
- The right to request that CRCOnline corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for CRCOnline to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject [you] with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent, or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal
data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
January 2020, Subject to Annual Review